Canonical tags help search engines understand authoritative links and can help prevent duplicate content issues.
Your site can automatically generate canonical tags.
Enabling Canonical Tags
- Go to the "Config" in the site management interface.
- Go to the "Site Settings" sub-tab
- Select "SEO" from the left sidebar
- Click "Enable Canonical Tags".
- Follow the best practices below to avoid any unintended consequences.
Canonical Tag Best Practices
- For any pages that use pagination (or other content-related query parameters), make sure to add the page query parameter(s) to the canonical tag settings
Canonical Tag Modes
Each page has its own canonical tag settings (though the default setting is typically appropriate).
- Off — No canonical tag will be rendered
- On (Default) — This automatically generates a self-referential canonical tag and removes query parameters
- On – Allow certain parameters — This also automatically generates a self-referential canonical tag, but allows the query parameters you list to be included
- On – Custom Path — This generates the first part of the URL (including the correct http/https and www/non-www setting), but uses the custom path you specify
© Copyright 2010-2018 Zesty.io Platform, Inc. All Rights Reserved.